What You Can Do
What does a volunteer in West Africa look like?
Anyone, you or me.
What does a volunteer in the US look like?
Anyone, you or me.
What would a volunteer in West Africa or the United States do?
This would depend on your skills, interests, and training.
- Are you a doctor or a dentist? Serve as a medical or dental consultant.
- Donate your services as an architect! Design future children’s homes, offices, schools, ministry centers, etc.
- Construction-related skills? Donate your services (builders, plumbers, electricians, etc.) here in the US (at our local offices) or travel to one of our countries to work on a project.
- In the medical or pharmaceutical field? Gather much needed resources including medicine, vitamins, medical tools/machines, etc.
- Food is one of our children’s greatest physical needs. Are you a farmer or agriculturalist? Impart your expertise to our farm staff or donate farming equipment.
- Sports enthusiast? Gather sports equipment or materials to construct sports courts, playgrounds, etc.
- Maintaining cultural values including traditional ethnic dance, storytelling and dress are important to us. Travel to one of our countries and serve as a consultant, offering advice on ways to encourage this in our programs.
- Experience or training in trauma or grief counseling? Serve as a consultant or travel to one of our countries and impart your knowledge.
- Are you an educator? Support Education (See Education below).
- Create culturally relevant Bible studies to send overseas.
- Develop VBS curriculum or activities to use in-country with our kids!
SEVEN CULTURAL INFLUENCERS:
- Lend your expertise as a social services consultant.
- Get involved with worship! Point Hope always welcomes guest speakers and worship leaders to come speak at our prayer meetings in Washington (See Contact Information Below).
- Are you a pastor? Take a Venture Trip or serve as a consultant overseas.
- Are you a teacher or education professional? Work to identify educational needs.
- Run a school supply drive or a book drive, or help collect school supplies for children in Africa and/or children here in the US.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, or funding of programs at our Vocational Skills Centers.
- Background in special education? Help us meet the needs of our children with mental and physical challenges.
Government / Politics / Justice
- Become an advocate for global poverty.
- Provide pro bono legal services to our US organization or serve as a legal consultant.
Business / Economics
- Donate your professional services as a financial advisor.
Media / Arts / Entertainment
- Do you have connections to the media? Help Point Hope Reach out locally and globally.
- Create or edit video for use as an official use by Point Hope.
- Donate your time to a specific project in Graphic Design, Journalism or Web Development/Web Design.
- Professional photographer? Participate in special events held around the U.S. or travel to one of our countries to take photos for use in various publications.
- An artist or tradesperson? Travel to one of your countries and teach a class, creating an opportunity for a skill-based business opportunity.
- Interested in music? Setup the recording studio with musical instruments or create instrumental soundtracks, or a song dictated to Point Hope.
- Generate awareness regarding the environmental conditions in Africa and here in the United States Foster System.
- Share your expertise in areas such as water filtration, crop rotation, irrigation techniques, alternative power sources, etc.
For more information on any of the above-listed areas of involvement, or if you have an idea for something that isn’t listed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org